Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career and enjoy working with animals check out Holden Farms today!
Title: Sow Farm Supervisor
Description: Sow Farm Supervisor reports to the General Manager and provides leadership in operating the Sow Division to achieve high performance and Company goals. Primary responsibilities include leading and supporting the Sow Farm Managers with accountability to executing and achieving priorities and objectives.
Hours: Generally – Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm; times may vary based on business needs; weekends and overnight travel as needed
Compensation: Salary, competitive based on experience, annual bonus, plus we offer an excellent benefits package
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate and promote Holden Farm’s core values and goals to employees
- Provide leadership to your teams through strong communication, proactive prioritization and effective delegation
- Effectively collaborate with Sow Farm Supervisors, and other Management team members to reach farm and company goals
- Attract, develop and motivate employees while effectively delegating and measuring performance
- Analyze root cause of performance issues and execute action to restore performance
- Collaborate with Sow Farm Managers to define appropriate staffing levels and work to maintain that level consistently
- Participate in onboarding of new employees, and create an environment that is welcoming and promotes their growth and development
- Coach employees on performance evaluations and development plans
- Encourage employee development by identifying opportunities for growth within sow farms and company
- Understand, follow and uphold Holden Farms Biosecurity Programs
- 5 years experience in management of 10 or more employees
- Bachelor Degree in Management or relevant experience; MBA a plus
- Proficient with computers, smart phones, spreadsheets and database
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint)
- No previous experience working with pigs required, training will be provided
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to have difficult conversations and achieve desired results
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead others in high demand situation
- Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and self-develop
- Strong interest in team building and staff development
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Free Hog Yearly
- Much More!
Ready to start your career with Holden Farms?
APPLY NOW! Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.