Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career and enjoy working with animals check out Holden Farms today!
Title: Farm Manager in Training
Description: Manager in Training reports directly to Farm Manager and Department Leads while learning daily routines and valuable skills necessary in leadership to potentially lead their own department and/or farm.
**No previous experience working with pigs required, training will be provided**
Hours: Generally – Monday-Friday 6:30am-4:00pm; times may vary based on business needs
Rotating Weekend and Holiday Schedule Required
Compensation: Salary, competitive based on experience, quarterly bonuses for management positions, plus we offer an excellent benefits package
Essential Job Functions:
- Willingness to learn and teach others.
- Communicate and promote Holden Farm’s core values and goals to employees
- Learn how to manage and provide leadership to up to 10 employees on sow farm
- Effectively collaborate with Sow Farm Supervisors, and other Management team members to reach farm and company goals
- Understand, follow and uphold Holden Farms Biosecurity Programs
- Learn planning, goal-setting, and scheduling for sow farm
- Learn how to interview and assist in finding new talent
- Participate in onboarding and new hire training
- Learn how to administer employee performance evaluations
- Encourage employee development by identifying opportunities for growth within sow farms and company
- Breeding and farrowing Sows and caring for piglets
- Shipping and receiving animals
- Update and maintain accurate farm records and reports
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Bachelor Degree in Management a plus
- Previous management experience of 2 or more employees a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to have difficult conversations and achieve desired results
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead others in high demand situations
- Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and self-develop
- Strong interest in team building and staff development
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Free Hog Yearly
- Much More!
Ready to start your career with Holden Farms?
APPLY NOW! Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.