Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career and enjoy working with animals check out Holden Farms today!
Title: Farrowing Barn Manager
Location: Eleva, WI
Description: Farrowing Barn Manager reports to Sow Farm Manager and provides leadership to Farrowing Barn team members to reach farm and company goals.
Hours: Generally – Monday-Friday 6:30am-4:00pm; times may vary based on business needs
Rotating Weekend and Holiday Schedule Required.
Compensation: Hourly, competitive based on experience, plus we offer an excellent benefits package
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate and promote Holden Farm’s core values and goals to employees
- Provide leadership to Farrowing Barn team members and assist in new hire training
- Assist Farm Manager in implementation of new ideas, and changes to obtain desired results
- Caring for and handling of sows
- Feeding and checking waters
- Perform heat detection on sows
- Breed sows through artificial insemination
- Conduct pregnancy checks
- Monitor and treat sows as needed by administering vaccines and medicines
- Cleaning facilities and minor maintenance
- Keeping detailed and accurate records
- Understand and follow Holden Farms Biosecurity Program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and self-develop
- Detailed oriented and meticulous
- Ability to lead others in high demand situations
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand, walk and be on feet for 9+ hrs/day
- Ability to frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel
- Must have reliable transportation
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Free Hog Yearly
- Much More!
No previous experience working with pigs required.
APPLY TODAY!! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.