Title: Farrowing Technician
Location: Eleva, WI
Description: Farrowing Technician reports to Sow Farm Manager and is responsible for daily care, health and maintenance for all farrowing sows and piglets at designated work site.
Hours: Generally – Monday-Friday 6:00am-3:30pm; times may vary based on business needs. Rotating Weekend and Holiday Schedule Required. Opportunities for overtime
Compensation: Hourly, competitive based on experience, quarterly bonuses, plus we offer an excellent benefits package
Essential Job Functions:
- Caring for and handling of sows and piglets
- Feeding and checking waters
- Monitor and assist sows during farrowing
- Provide Day 1 Care for piglets i.e. monitor and ensure newborns receive colostrum, clean piglets and adjust heat lamps
- Treat sows and piglets by administering vaccines and medicines
- Perform piglet processing duties, such as, tattooing, clipping tails, castrating, and giving iron shots
- Cleaning facilities and power washing (prepare rooms, wash, and set up)
- Pre-Farrow/Post Farrow sow movements, and shipping/receiving of animals
- Keeping detailed and accurate records
- Understand and follow Holden Farms Biosecurity Program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and self-develop
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand, walk and be on feet for 8 to 10hrs/day
- Ability to frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel
- Must have reliable transportation
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Free Hog Yearly
- Much More!
No previous experience working with pigs required.
APPLY TODAY!! Contact Jeny at 507-301-0671 or send your resume to email@example.com.
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.