Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career and enjoy working with animals check out Holden Farms today!
Title: Gilt Development Serviceperson
Description: Gilt Development Serviceperson reports to Gilt Division Supervisor and oversees multiple independently run gilt development farm sites across Southern MN and Northeast Iowa
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm; times may vary based on business needs. Some weekends as necessary along with earlier starts due to weather and transportation
Compensation: Salary, competitive based on experience, plus we offer an excellent benefits package
Essential Job Duties:
- Interface with Holden Farms Contract Partners/HFI employees to implement and manage Holden Farms protocols and standards at sites
- Visit assigned farm sites once a week
- Grow and maintain a strong working relationship with Contact Partners/HFI employees
- Implement and manage biosecurity standards at farm sites
- Oversee health of herd, and train partners/employees how to identify treatments
- Responsible for scheduling all pig movement for assigned sites
- Take diagnostic samples
- Maintain regular communication with contact growers, truckers, HFI staff, feed mills, and HFI Veterinarians through phone, email, fax, and text
- Address and enforce any issues that are out of compliance with Contact Partners
- Assist in hiring process for specific farm sites and train new hires
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and managerial skills
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to train and motivate staff, Contract Partners and colleagues
- Proactive and critical thinker with ability to challenge yourself and others
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills with excellent time management skills
- Dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
- A passion to acquire an exciting career in the swine industry
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand, walk and be on feet for 8 to 10hrs/day
- Ability to frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Free Hog Yearly
- Much More!
Ready to start your career with Holden Farms?
APPLY TODAY! Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.