Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career check out Holden Farms today!
Title: HFI Live Hog Transportation Supervisor
Description: Live Hog Transportation Supervisor reports to the General Manager of Nursery/Finish and Sow Divisions and provides leadership to all Trucking Divisions to achieve high performance and company goals. Primary responsibilities include leading and supporting HFI Internal and External truckers with accountability to execute and achieve priorities and objectives. Also responsible for all live pig movement.
Hours: Generally – Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm; times may vary based on business needs; on call when trucks are moving.
Compensation: Salary, competitive based on experience, annual bonus, plus we offer an excellent benefits package
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate and promote Holden Farm’s core values and goals to employees
- Oversee and provide leadership to Market Hog Coordinator, HFI Trucking Manager and Trucking Division teams (30 contract truck drivers and 13 HFI truck drivers) through strong communication, proactive prioritization and effective delegation
- Effectively collaborate with General Managers, Sow Farm Supervisors, Nursery/Finish Supervisors and other Management team members to reach farm and company goals
- Oversee all tractor and trailer maintenance, replacement, and purchasing
- Responsible for all contract payment programs and capital expenditures as relates to Live Transport Division
- Responsible for HFI assets, including but not limited to, HFI trucks, trailers, and 6 truck washes
- Responsible for all pig flow movements through understanding, following and upholding Holden Farms Biosecurity Programs
- Attract, develop and motivate employees while effectively delegating and measuring performance
- Analyze root cause of performance issues and execute action to restore performance
- Collaborate with General Managers of Nursery/Finish and Sow Division to define appropriate staffing levels and work to maintain that level consistently
- Participate in onboarding of new employees/contractors, and create an environment that is welcoming and promotes their growth and development
- Coach employees/contractors on performance evaluations and development plans
- Encourage employee development by identifying opportunities for growth within sow farms and company
- 5 years experience in management of 10 or more employees
- Bachelor Degree in Management or relevant experience; MBA a plus
- Proficient with computers, smart phones, spreadsheets and databases
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- No previous experience working with pigs required, training will be provided
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to have difficult conversations and achieve desired results
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead others in high demand situations
- Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and self-develop
- Strong interest in team building and staff development
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Much More!
Ready to start your career with Holden Farms?
APPLY NOW! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.