Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career check out Holden Farms today!
Title: Logistics Coordinator
Description: Logistics Coordinator reports to the Live Hog Transportation Supervisor and is responsible for daily trucking movements of market hog sales and transfers.
Hours: Generally Monday – Friday 7:00am-4:00pm; times may vary based on business needs; on call by phone/email when trucks are moving
Compensation: Salary, exempt; competitive based on experience, company cell phone provided, plus we offer an excellent benefits package
Essential Job Functions
- Manage, coordinate, and schedule trucking movements to support daily market hog sales and transfers
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Holden Farms employees and with a wide range of hog industry members
- Create and maintain the all trucking schedule for market hogs, feeder pigs and the breeding herd
- Order and submit trucking dock times with HFI packers
- Trouble shoot and resolve any issues that arise with scheduled deliveries of market hogs
- Utilize available tools to forecast future pig sales
- College degree or equivalent administrative experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint
- Transport Quality Assurance (TQA) certificate preferred but not required
- No previous experience working with pigs required, training will be provided
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to have difficult conversations to achieve desired results
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills in high demand situations
- Self-motivated, hard-working team player
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Much More!
Ready to start your career with Holden Farms? APPLY NOW!
Please send your resume to email@example.com
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.