Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career check out Holden Farms today!
Title: Physical Plant Technician
Description: Physical Plant Technician is reports to the Shop Lead and is responsible to work collaboratively or independently to execute repairs and preventative maintenance, including grounds care, for all Holden Farms Inc owned facilities. This includes swine and turkey production facilities.
Hours: Generally Monday – Friday 7:00am-4:30pm; times may vary based on business needs
Overtime: Mandatory during manure application times
Weekends: As needed, mandatory during manure application times
Compensation: Hourly, non-exempt; monthly mileage reimbursement and $30.00 monthly cell phone reimbursement; plus we offer an excellent benefits package.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work collaboratively with HFI Farm Managers, Supervisors and Coworkers to consistently deliver quality repairs, products and services
- Follow HFI equipment warehousing and inventory control procedures
- Apply manure to cropland according to state and federal regulations
- Maintain grounds of Holden Farms owned facilities
- Follow open work orders and complete in a timely manner
- Complete work orders and projects to Holden Farms Inc expectations to maximize uptime of facilities with emphasis on “like new” results.
- Understand and follow Holden Farms Biosecurity Program
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- Valid Class D Driver’s license
- Welding experience
- Agriculture building repair & maintenance experience preferred
- Tractor Driving experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-motivated team player with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Able to follow direction and work in a team setting
- Willing to learn
- Able to use HFI equipment safely and responsibly
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift 75-100 lbs
- Ability to stand, walk and be on feet for 8-10+ hours/day
- Ability to frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Much More!
Ready to start your career with Holden Farms?
APPLY NOW! Call Jamie at 507-301-0671 or email your resume to email@example.com
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.