Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career and enjoy working with animals check out Holden Farms today!
Title: Finishing Service Person
Description: Finishing Service Person reports to Finish Division Supervisor and is responsible to oversee multiple independently run swine finishing sites across Southern MN and Northern Iowa.
Hours: Generally – Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm; times may vary based on business needs; some weekends necessary
Compensation: Salary, competitive based on experience, plus we offer an excellent benefits package
Essential Job Functions:
- Interface with Holden Farms Contract Partners to implement and manage Holden Farms protocols and standards at sites
- Visit assigned farm sites once a week and walk all pens with growers
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with Contract Partners/Growers
- Check and understand all waters, feeders, controllers and ventilation to address concerns with grower
- Responsible for ensuring feed budgets are followed and collecting feed samples
- Implement and manage biosecurity standards at farm sites
- Oversee health of herd, and train growers how to identify treatments
- Address and enforce any issues that are out of compliance with Contract Partners
- Responsible for scheduling all pig movement for assigned sites
- Maintain regular communication with Contract Growers, Truckers, HFI staff, Feed Mills, and HFI Veterinarians through phone, email, fax, and text
- Must have Valid Driver’s License, and reliable Truck for transportation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and self-develop
- Proficient with Computers, Smart Phones, and Microsoft Office: Word/Excel/Outlook
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to stand, walk and be on feet for 5 to 8hrs/day
- Ability to frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Much More!
No previous experience working with pigs required – APPLY TODAY!
To Apply: Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.