Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career and enjoy working with animals check out Holden Farms today!
Description: Responsible for daily care, health and maintenance for all pigs at designated work site.
Hours: Monday-Friday 7:00am-4:00pm; times may vary based on business needs, Rotating weekend schedule required, and working holidays that fall on scheduled days required
Compensation: Salary, exempt, competitive pay based on experience
Essential Job Functions:
- Daily pig care, such as, feeding, watering, herd health
- Monthly maintenance, such as cleaning dryer vents, greasing anchor bearings, and bait
- Other site maintenance as needed
- Keeping detailed and accurate records
- Understand and follow for Holden Farms Biosecurity Program
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and self-develop
- Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to frequently bend, reach, squat and kneel
- Must have reliable transportation
Ready to start your career with Holden Farms?
No previous experience working with pigs required.
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.