Holden Farms strives to be the most progressive, innovative, and collaborative pork producer in the nation. At Holden Farms we pride ourselves on teamwork, personal growth, and opportunity. If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding career and enjoy working with animals check out Holden Farms today!
Title: Sow Farm Manager
Location: St. Charles, MN
Description: Sow Farm Manager reports to Sow Farm Supervisor and provides leadership to sow farm employees to reach farm and company goals.
Hours: Generally – Monday-Friday 6:30am-4:00pm; times may vary based on business needs. Rotating Weekend and Holiday Schedule Required
Compensation: Salary, competitive based on experience, quarterly bonuses, plus we offer an excellent benefits package
Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate and promote Holden Farm’s core values and goals to employees
- Manage and provide leadership to up to 20 employees on sow farm
- Effectively collaborate with Sow Farm Supervisors, and other Management team members to reach farm and company goals
- Understand, follow and uphold Holden Farms Biosecurity Programs
- Perform all planning, goal-setting and scheduling for sow farm
- Interview and assist in finding new talent
- Participate in onboarding and lead new hire training
- Administer employee performance evaluations
- Encourage employee development by identifying opportunities for growth within sow farms and company
- Implement new ideas, and changes to obtain desired results
- Update and maintain accurate farm records and reports
- 1 year experience in management of 5 or more employees
- Bachelor Degree in Management a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- No previous experience working with pigs required, training will be provided
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to have difficult conversations and achieve desired results
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Ability to lead others in high demand situations
- Strong interest in working with animals with a desire to learn and self-develop
- Strong interest in team building and staff development
- Organized with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Contribution
- Profit Sharing
- Short Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Free Hog Yearly
- Much More!
Ready to start your career with Holden Farms?
APPLY NOW! Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This job description in not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Position may involve travel and non-standard business hours.